Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Friends: The Family You Choose

It took me a long to realize that change is not a bad thing. Everybody has their own lives to live. They have their own decisions to make and their own paths to follow. People will come and go in your life. The beauty is the ones who don’t go, those friends who seem to always be there for you no matter what. I have been so blessed to have a couple people like that in my life.

Angela
 
We’ve been friends for years. It honestly feels like we’ve known each other forever. Our friendship has had rocky points because we’ve both gone through such hard trials but we’re the better for it. I call a lot of people my ‘best friend’ but not Ang. She’s in a category all her own. I don’t know what I would ever do without her. She is gorgeous, a talented writer, a fantastic artist, and has the perfect sense of humor. I hope you all have someone like her in your life, your very own ‘Angela’.  If not, you are totally missing out because you can’t have mine. ;)
Beth
(It's pathetic... I could not find a single picture of us together. I decided to use this smokin' hot picture. Lucky Brandon!)
We met our senior year of high school in French class. She’s been in my life ever since. She was the one who, for better or worse, convinced me to move to Thatcher. She is such an amazing friend. We can go weeks and weeks without taking (both our schedules are insane) but when we finally get ahold of each other it’s like no time has passed. She is so dedicated to those things that she sets her mind to! She is one of the most loyal people I know. She is beautiful, has a contagious laugh, and the kindest heart. Again, I don’t know what I would do without her. I’m so grateful that she and her little family are safe in New York!
Chelsea
(Ignore that silly boy in the picture. Oh Tanner!)
I just met this amazing woman this past year. We met my first semester up in the Berg. She was one of my roommates. I could have never gotten through that year of college without her. She is so understanding! She just gets me! We had so many talks about so many things until the early hours of the morning. She has been through her share of trials and has the most positive outlook on life of anyone I know. I can tell her anything and she always seems to understand what I’m saying and feeling. She is also one of the few people who know how to tell me I’m being silly without making me angry. Go Chelsea! She is stunning, hilarious, and the most talented girl who “plays” with flowers that I know. Seriously, you want her to do your wedding flowers. Hands down. The guy who ends up with her is going to be the LUCKIEST guy on the planet. No lies. The LUCKIEST.

There are so many other people who have been perfect lately, too. Ryan, thank you for randomly calling to tell me the Star Wars news. Jasmyne, thank you for being a cute little ball of sunshine, always! You are one of my heroes. Aaron, thanks for making work bearable by always making me laugh. Katie, thanks for being so fantastic and making it worth it to go to work every day. Deidra, thanks for being the amazing person that you are and loving me for me! I love you! Michael, thanks for listening to me talk and talk and talk. Also, thanks for making me laugh. I always need that. Sarah, thanks for missing me! I miss you and can’t wait to be back at school with you! Bryce, thank you for being you. You are hilarious. I love your sarcasm!
I hope that you all have amazing people in your life that make it bearable on the days that seem unending. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment