Friday, July 26, 2013

Soul Mates

I have never been a big believer in soul mates. When it comes to romantic love I think that there can be more than one option when it comes to marriage. You can be happy with whatever choice you make. I'm more of a believer that the soul mates in your life are your best friends.

"Throughout life you will meet one person who is unlike any other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored. You could tell them things and they won't judge you. This person is your soul mate, your best friend. Don't ever let them go."

When it comes to friends I have known a lot of different girls that have meant a lot of different things to me. I have also had some friends who have turned out to not be friends at all. In high school I never imagined that I would ever have as amazing friends as I do today. I can count them all on one hand. The ones who have always been there and who help me feel amazing about myself.

I have one friend in particular who has meant so much to me. Granted, we have put each other through a lot. Haha! That's what happens when you're young and immature with all kinds of issues. Luckily, we both grew up and matured.



I remember the first time that I meant thins amazing woman. I was meeting with the girls I would be living with, away at college. There was only one girl that I didn't know. I remember when she walked in to the room I thought, "Dang. That's who got my dream body." She was absolutely stunning and I also remember thinking that I would never get a guy because they would all love her! Then, we all moved away to college and went through a lot of different trials. I became very close with her. Over the next few years we went through different ups and downs and became even closer because of it.

Everyone has a best friend or even a few best friends. I know I do! I only have one Angela in my life, though. She's "my Angela." It's kind of a running joke between us. I'm "her Tjanna" and she's "my Angela." I could go on and on and on about what an amazing and wonderful woman she is. She is one of the wisest, funniest, and strongest women to ever walk into my life. Today was this her 25th birthday, so in honor of that, here are 25 of my most cherished memories with her:

1. Chocolate seduction ice cream
2. "Life isn't always cupcakes and kittens, sometimes you get mud pies and pit bulls... so learn to run fast and have fun getting dirty"
3. Planning just "how far we would go..." (Angela, you know what I mean.) Haha!
4. "Unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck"
5. All of our Taco Bell trips
6. "We call it 'Heaven Bread.' I imagine this is what manna tasted like."
7. The Bird of Jared... Mohonri Moriancumr.... 'Mo' for short... *New Development* Greg murdered Mo.
8. Really? Really? Seriously?
9. Driving her car, illegally or not...
10. "My house is always open. Well, actually it's usually locked, but you can knock..."
11. Sitting in the Celestial room together and just talking and pondering
12. "I was just trying to be scandalous..."
13. All of our travel plans and our volunteer plans, too
14. Kitty Cat
15. "I forgot how much it hurt to get eaten by a dinosaur"
16. "The beach!"
17. Walking around the temple and talking about everything
18. New Girl
19. Our dessert and ice cream/frozen yogurt runs
20. "I'm sorry that I marred my... whatever..."
21. Walking around Target and decorating our dream homes- located in Chandler, right across the street from each other
22. Taking sweet Tucker to the dog park
23. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain."
24. Trying to figure out how exactly we can end up related
25. Burying the hatchet

Angela, darling! Thank you for everything. I have no idea where I would be in life without you. You give the greatest advice. You can make me laugh like no one else can! You are one of the most gorgeous women I have ever known. So beautiful! You are going to be the most amazing mother someday. Most especially, thank you for sharing my extremely special day with me last year. It was all the more wonderful because you were there. <3 I love you soooo much! I hope that being a quarter of a century is rocking, completely!


No comments:

Post a Comment